Automotive To Generate 68% Of All Data From 5G IoT Connections

Thanks to the coming 5G, the Internet of Things is going to get a major boost in speed.

Speeds as in roughly 50 times faster than the current 4G mobile speeds.

Verizon already announced it is rolling out 5G residential internet service in four U.S. markets this year, AT&T plans some 5G services later this year and Vodafone is planning 5G trials in seven U.K cities.

There are many market moves relating to 5G. Samsung recently announced a plan to invest $22 billion in 5G development along with artificial intelligence and automotive technology and Qualcomm has introduced 5G antennas for higher-speed smartphones.

The first commercial network launches of 5G, which will allow ultra-high definition video streaming, are expected to occur next year.

By the end of next year, 1 million actives 5G connections are projected, with 90% being consumer connections for mobile broadband services, according to Juniper Research. More than a third (37%) of the connections are expected to be in the U.S. and 49% in the Far East and China.

The new 5G speeds will be leveraged by sensors being added to everyday items including traditionally non-smart devices, such as appliances, devices, vehicles and smart homes and cities.

The major beneficiary of 5G speeds will be automotive, accounting for 68% of all data generated by 5G IoT connections by 2025, according to Juniper. The second highest (30%) 5G IoT connections will come from smart cities, together accounting for 98% of all 5G IoT data.

The new 5G speeds will be a total game-changer.

06. September 2018

Auto-mat ist eine Initiative von


Das Portal wird realisiert von


in kooperation mit

Swiss eMobility


Schweizer Mobilitätsarena
© 2018 -
Diese Webseite nutzt externe Komponenten, welche dazu genutzt werden können, Daten über Ihr Verhalten zu sammeln. Lesen Sie dazu mehr in unseren Datenschutzinformationen.
Notwendige Cookies werden immer geladen